COMMUNITY OUTREACH and COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (COCC)
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster, a voice for liberal religion in Lancaster County for over 100 years, is seeking a part time Community Outreach and Communications Coordinator.
We are a theologically diverse, progressive religious community with a strong commitment to anti-racism, social justice, environmental justice work and to welcoming the LGBTQ community. You would join a dynamic and collaborative team facilitated by our Minister.
The Community Outreach and Communications Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating all communications programs and activities including the church’s website, its social media presence, and other digital and print communications. This coordination also includes welcoming and engaging visitors, friends, and members, promoting volunteer activity, and building and strengthening community participation in and access to congregational life. The right person will be key in helping us achieve our mission and foster religious community that is meaningful and relevant, especially in a current time of physical distancing.
Ultimately, the successful candidate for this role must be an enthusiastic expert at capturing the life-changing stories happening within our community and using multiple mediums to communicate these stories.
Communications & Outreach
- Collaborate with staff and lay leaders to develop and implement internal and external communications strategies that translate the vision, mission, and ministry of the church into clear, consistent and compelling messaging.
- Proactively engage with new communication methods as they emerge and evaluate the effectiveness of current communication strategies.
- Actively search for stories that portray the impact of the church on people’s lives and the community. Develop ways to creatively. communicate those stories.
- Connect with newcomers to facilitate their community involvement and path to membership.
Social Media & Web Presence
- Design and maintain church website in collaboration with and in consideration of the communications needs of lay leaders and staff.
- Generate, moderate, and facilitate the generation of engaging social media posts across platforms.
- Optimize website and social media content to increase traffic and monitor analytics.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and special events as requested.
- Attend ocassioanl committee meetings as requested.
- Maintain events calendar and space reservations.
- Provide occasional technical support to staff and lay leaders.
- Maintain regular permanent working/office hours.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Expereince and/or education in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, or related field
- Exceptional verbal, written, grammar, spelling, proofreading skills, all with attention to detail and accuracy coupled with an eye for aesthetics.
- Ability to keep current with constantly evolving technologies in online platforms, social networking, website editing, graphic design, search tools, analytics and other platforms.
- Able to apply an intersectional lens aimed at diversity, inclusion, and anti-oppression through all interactions and work.
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalism and/or alignment with the spiritual and ethical principles of Unitarian Universalism.
20 Total hours per week.
Note: Currently, the church office building is closed to the public due to Covid-19 so work is done remotely. In returning back to the building, some hours may be worked remotely, other hours are to be worked from the church office. A set work schedule will be determined based on applicant’s availability and in conversation with the Minister.
$19 per hour
CURRENTLY HIRING – Position open until filled.
Please note: If selected for employment you will be required to complete criminal history clearances.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org