Welcome to UUCL!
09.08.2022 Update from your Director of Lifespan Faith Development:
Welcome! As we gather again for another church year, everyone is a little bit new again. That’s why our theme for all of September is Ingathering. Throughout September, we will focus on gathering and developing our connections: children with other children and adults, each individual with the church, and together as a faith development program. In October, we will begin the year’s rhythm of more age-specific programming.
- Children & youth faith development happens at 10AM Sundays (and other times!):
- On monthly multigenerational Sundays, children and youth will participate in worship with their families: in the sanctuary, on Zoom, or in Founder’s Hall (especially if you need more wiggle room). You are encouraged to use the hands-on materials for “spirit work” in the Women’s Memorial Room in the Sanctuary.
- Most other Sundays at 10AM, children and youth will begin in worship and then go to whole-group children’s worship or age-specific groups.
- Please register all children and youth ages 0-18 who plan to attend more than 3 times! As we continue to build the age groupings starting in October, it is important to know who is participating.
- Our nursery room is available for caregivers to spend time with children who might need a break. We are still building our childcare program and are not able to offer childcare at this time.
The building blocks of our children, youth, and multigenerational faith development program:
Spiritual Nourishment for Parents/Caregivers & Whole Families
At home (emailed) • Monthly
In person • We are working on building up our youth group again and are excited to meet you – please register if you’re interested!
UU & Me Song Circles (ages 0-5 & families)
UUCL Chalice Garden • Weekdays, late March – May 2022
Sunday mornings UU Curriculum
Faith development rooms • 2-3 Sundays / month
Starting in October, we are offering UU faith development curricula in age groupings! We are still setting the curricula depending on age-group enrollment, so please register now!
These offerings depend on the congregation and on participating families to happen. If you want to be part of shaping programming or can lend a hand to help make them happen, please email Lenore: email@example.com.
Register today for the 2022-2023 Children’s & Families Faith Development year!
Registration helps us plan programming and stay in touch with you about events. If anyone under 18 years old plans to attend more than three UUCL events this fall, please do take 10 minutes to register!
Children and Youth Faith Development Events
We welcome you: your whole self, with all your truths and your doubts, your worries and your hopes.
We are people of all ages, many backgrounds, and many beliefs. Learn more about UUism.
We are so glad you have found us! Learn more about what to expect when you visit and ways to get involved.