Board and Governance
The governance of this church rests with its members.
The governance of this church rests with our members. We hold congregational meetings twice yearly to fill elected positions, approve the budget, and make other decisions.
Members elect a Board of Trustees:
- To have general charge of the affairs and property of the church
- To formulate policies and recommend actions for the consideration of the congregation.
- Congregationally elected and board-appointed committees assist the Board.
- Financial Advisory Committee is an advisory body for the Treasurer of the Board in decisions related to the financial health of the church.
- Committee on the Ministry (COM) interprets, supports, and monitors the ministry of the Church.
- Personnel Committee provides recommendations and advice to the Board and the Senior Staff on policy, staffing needs, and operational matters pertaining to staff members of the Church.
- Development, Investments, and Trusts encourages investments in the church by educating members and friends on the many avenues for making gifts and creating endowments and their benefits to both the donor and the church.
- Leadership Development Committee recruits and nominates persons to fill vacancies on the Board of Trustees, all congregationally-elected committees, as well as other Board requested committees.
- Operations Committee manages and coordinates UUCL’s support network of facilities, communications, technology, and other office administrative functions to effectively collaborate for seamless ministry support.
- Ad hoc committees and special task forces are appointed by the Board on an as-needed basis.
The Leaders’ Circle is comprised of all committee chairs, or their designee, for all committees of good standing in the church. The Board is represented at meetings of the Leaders Circle, which meets every other month, by a Board-appointed Trustee.
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Trustees or on one of the vital leadership committees contact the Leadership Development Committee.
Board of Trustees
Learn about what is going on in the church and read our Board of Trustees meeting minutes.
Read the Congregational Bylaws that are currently in effect (as of May 19, 2019).
Ministerial Search Committee Survey
Review the Ministerial Search Committee Survey (Fall 2019).