The governance of this church rests with our members. We hold congregational meetings twice yearly to fill elected positions, approve the budget, and make other decisions.
Members elect a Board of Trustees:
- To have general charge of the affairs and property of the church
- To formulate policies and recommend actions for the consideration of the congregation.
- Congregationally elected and board-appointed committees assist the Board.
Operating Budget 2021-2022 (Updated to V5)
- Financial Advisory Committee is an advisory body for the Treasurer of the Board in decisions related to the financial health of the church.
Committee on the Ministry (COM) interprets, supports, and monitors the ministry of the Church. Recommendations for the COM usually are made by the Lead Minister.
- Personnel Committee provides recommendations and advice to the Board and the Senior Staff on policy, staffing needs, and operational matters pertaining to staff members of the Church.
- Leadership Development Committee recruits and nominates persons to fill vacancies on the Board of Trustees, all congregationally-elected committees as well as other Board requested committees. The Nominating Committee presents a list of qualified nominees for positions to be filled by election at the annual congregational business meeting.
- Ad hoc committees and special task forces are appointed by the Board on an as needed basis.
- The Leaders’ Circle: comprised of all committee chairs, or their designee, for all committees of good standing in the church. The Board is represented at meetings of the Leaders Circle, which meets every other month, by a Board-appointed Trustee.
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Trustees or on one of the vital leadership committees contact the Leadership Development Committee.
More Information on Church Governance
- Board of Trustees (minutes & meeting information)
- Congregational Bylaws currently in effect as of May 19, 2019
- Ministerial Search Committee Survey – Fall 2019
- Task Forces
- 2019-2020 Annual Financial Report
- Congregational minutes
- Governance Roster – Who Does What in Church
UUCL Governance News:
The Board elected new officers at its recent meeting and approved funds for some building remodeling. Darcy Pollock was elected the new Board President with Fred Foster-Clark as Vice-President and Kim Chappell as Secretary. Thanks were given to Carole CampbellContinue reading “Updates from the Board of Trustees”
Thank you to all of our members who came out to our Annual Spring Congregational Meeting on 5/16/2021. We were able to pass many orders of business. We approved the operating budget for the 2021-2022 fiscal year. See the budgetContinue reading “Results of our 2021 Annual Spring Congregational Meeting”